Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

LENT

I started giving up things for lent a few years ago.   I'm not catholic nor have I ever attended a church that does lent.   I just think it's an excellent idea.  The idea to fast from something that maybe hindering our relationship with the Lord, is not a bad thing.  Last year I gave up Coke-a-cola for lent (I was drinking 2 liters a day, and no it wasn't diet).  I'm happy to say that I'm still not drinking it.
This year believe it or not, and I maybe be the only person in the world giving this up, but no more Ritz Crackers for me.   Ritz Crackers has been the bane of my existence since I've been on this diet.  The last three weeks, I've eaten 4-12 every day.   Ritz Crackers are not on my diet!  Let me say this again (this is for my benefit) RITZ CRACKERS ARE NOT ON MY DIET!!!!!  Did you hear that Barbara Jean?
I've notice a bad habit when I give up things.  When I gave up coke I started eating french fries just about every day.  I haven't had french fries since New Years Eve, but now I'm eating way to many Ritz Crackers.  I worry that I'll pick something else up to replace the crackers.  My track record is not very good.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if it was celery!!
Last year I was able to stick to my fasting from coke because I made a promise to God that I would give it up until at least Easter.  I didn't want to break my promise to God.  So here goes: Dear God,  I am making a promise to you.   I will not eat any Ritz Crackers until at least Easter.   I know that you have already given me the strength to do this.  I just need to remember that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Stats:   202.8 pounds (37.4 pounds lost)
            204.8 pounds
            205.6 pounds
            207.8 pounds
            212.4 pounds
            214 pounds
            214.2 pounds
            218.2 pounds
           222.4 pounds
           226.4 pounds
           227.4 pounds
           227.8 pounds
           229.4 pounds
           229.6 pounds
           231.2 pounds
          232.4 pounds
          232.4 pounds
          232.8 pounds
          235 pounds
          238.6 pounds
          240.2 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment