Total Pageviews

Monday, March 5, 2012

THE SPIRIT IS WILLING BUT THE BODY IS WEAK!

I had a friend of mine ask me the other day, "what is it about walking, jogging & running that I love"?  That is a really hard question for me to answer.  I do love walking and enjoying seeing God's beauty around me, but to be honest, I can't say that I have the same love for jogging & running.  At this point I just have to make myself do it.   There is a verse in the bible that says "The spirit is willing, but the body is weak (Mark 14:38)".   Boy does that fit me to a tee, when it comes to eating & exercise.  I desire to eat well & exercise, but is a daily battle with me. I make myself exercise 6 days a week, only taking off Sundays.  There are days when I can think of all kinds of excuses (most acceptable) why I shouldn't exercise that day.  I have to force myself to get up off my gluteus-maximus and get moving.  Once I'm out walking, then I need to force myself to jog or run.  I love that I am strong enough to not give into my laziness.  It feels so good, when I win the battle with my body.  One day I hope that it won't be a battle, and that I will not only love to exercise but desire to do it too.

Recipe for today: "French Baked Potatoes"  I love the crispy bottom to these potatoes.

Stats: 198.4 pounds (41.8 pounds lost)
       199 pounds 
       199.2 pounds
       199.8  pounds
       204.8 pounds
       205.6 pounds
       207.8 pounds
       212.4 pounds
       214 pounds
       214.2 pounds
       218.2 pounds
       222.4 pounds
       226.4 pounds
       227.4 pounds
       227.8 pounds
       229.4 pounds
       229.6 pounds
       231.2 pounds
       232.4 pounds
       232.4 pounds
       232.8 pounds
       235 pounds
       238.6 pounds
       240.2 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment