Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 5, 2012

TEXTURE

One of my goals is to try foods that I don't like or that are new to me.  This is really hard for me as I'm a self-confessed picky eater.  I don't think I could be president of the picky eater club, but I certaintly could be a member in good standing.  I
love certain fresh veggies but not a big fan of most cooked veggies.  I think I've come to realize that it may be more about texture than taste.  Here are a few things that I don't like (yes, there is a much longer yuck list than what I'm listing).  To me they all have  similar textures.
*Bananas
*Mashed Potatoes
*Peas (triple yuck on these)
*Beans (another tripe yuck)
*Avocados
*Hummus
*Mashed Squash
*Sweet Potatoes
*Fruit Smoothies
*Cooked Carrots
*Pureed Soups (soups in general, remember not a big fan of cooked veggies)

Most of these things are on my new diet and I really do want to learn a new way of eating.  The new me will not turn her nose up at new stuff and things that I thought I didn't like.  I will plug my nose, put it in my mouth and give it the old college try to make it go down as I promised myself.

Stats: 232.6 pounds (7.6 pounds lost)
       232.8 pounds
       235   pounds
       238.6 pounds
       240.2 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment