Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS

I just finished a 10 day vacation.  What a disaster!   It wasn't a go away vacation.  It guess it's called a staycation these days.  What I mean is that we haven't had the babies for 10 days.  The first 4 days I went out to eat.  This caused a 1 pound weight gain.  The rest of the week was filled with one get-together, which meant desserts.  I also ate some candy as I filled my kids Easter bags.  That caused another 1 pound weight gain.  It was at that point that I decided that I wouldn't worry about losing weight this week.  I just wouldn't gain anymore.   I shouted this over and over again this past week.  I shouted this as I ate things I shouldn't have.   I shouted this even though I didn't write down in my food diary.   I shouted this as I ate way to much on Easter Sunday.   I shouted this as I skipped 4 days of exercise though out the week.   I shouted this as I ate the wonderfully delicious homemade chocolate cake & frosting that I made for Easter.  I shouted this as I put the scoop of vanilla ice cream beside the homemade chocolate cake.  I shouted this as I drank the glass of whole milk that you have to have when eating homemade chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.  I shouted this as I ate 10 ritz crackers that I could finally have, because lent was over.  I shouted this as I ate fried potatoes with onion that I ate yesterday.  I shouted this as I ate a large serving of rice crispy treats with melted butterscotch & chocolate chips over it (thank you Autumn Aloha for making that).  I shouted it as I drank a half glass of pepsi.  I shouted it when I wasn't stepping on the scale, Guess what I found out?   That no matter how much you shout that you won't gain weight, if you don't log your food, if you don't exercise, if you eat foods that are not healthy,  YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT!  I gained 2 more pounds.  When will I every learn?
Today I stepped on the scale.  Today I have logged everything I ate.  Today, I ate healthy.  Today I exercised.  Today I feel so much better.  Today I feel like I'm back in control.  Tomorrow I WILL have a day like today.
From here on in, I need accountability when I'm on my vacations.  I will find a scale to step on.  I will log my foods, I will exercise, I will eat healthy.  I will plan my day.


Today Recipe: "Peach Salsa"  I love to can this, and have it for future snacks.   This is great to pour over chicken and bake.

Stats: 192 pounds (48.2 pounds lost)
       189.4 pounds 
       188.4 pounds
       190.2 pounds       
       193.6 pounds
       194.0 pounds
       195.8 pounds
       196.2 pounds 
       198.4 pounds
       199 pounds 
       199.2 pounds
       199.8  pounds
       204.8 pounds
       205.6 pounds
       207.8 pounds
       212.4 pounds
       214 pounds
       214.2 pounds
       218.2 pounds
       222.4 pounds
       226.4 pounds
       227.4 pounds
       227.8 pounds
       229.4 pounds
       229.6 pounds
       231.2 pounds
       232.4 pounds
       232.4 pounds
       232.8 pounds
       235 pounds
       238.6 pounds
       240.2 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment